There are gender wars, and then there are casualties. It wasn’t until 2011 that the behemoth toymaker LEGO acknowledged girls’ desire to build with bricks, even though the company had long before made a seemingly effortless pivot to co-branding, video games, and major motion pictures. So it’s little wonder that girls face all-too-real obstacles when […]Read more
If you share our passion for leveraging technology to increase scientific, artistic, and cultural literacy, then get involved! You can nurture bold ideas so that they grow and flourish.
- Begin using technology in a way that’s organic, akin to the way the mind really works. Join the SpicyNodes community (it’s free), create nodemaps that convey meaningful information, and share them with the world via your web site, blog, social network, or the online SpicyNodes gallery.
- Promote IDEA’s programs and projects — from our WebExhibits online museum to our ColoRotate 3D color picking tool — on your web site, blog, or social network and link back to IDEA’s site.
- Write new pages or provide illustrations for our WebExhibits. You can become an active contributor by sharing your unique experience and expertise — such as photos or tips about your local calendar, butter, or Daylight Saving Time.
- Translate a WebExhibit into a language other than English.
- If you’re a teacher, you’re likely already using technology in your classroom. Continue to set an example for your students by using innovative approaches and technologies that facilitates the exchange of meaningful information. You can use our WebExhibits teacher’s guides or lesson plans using concept maps with SpicyNodes. And, please share your experiences so that we can expand our teacher’s guides and provide educators with additional resources.
- Promoting IDEA’s mission can take just a few hours of your time, or much more. Our tools have grown organically with a variety of input from academicians, researchers, and the general public. Learn more about trying out our new ideas.
If you have any questions or ideas, please let us know!