There are gender wars, and then there are casualties. It wasn’t until 2011 that the behemoth toymaker LEGO acknowledged girls’ desire to build with bricks, even though the company had long before made a seemingly effortless pivot to co-branding, video games, and major motion pictures. So it’s little wonder that girls face all-too-real obstacles when […]Read more
It’s Open Access Week 2012. Now in it’s 6th year, the organizers are promoting Open Access as the new norm in research and scholarship. Here’s a summary of some happenings…
- The week started with a webcast co-sponsored by SPARC and the World Bank featuring a conversation with 5 Open Access Experts.
- Follow and contribute to Twitter buzz at #OAWeek, #OAWeek2012 and #openaccess
- SPIE, the society of optics and photonics, is taking the plunge into Open Access
- Elementa: Science of the Anthropocene is a new Open Access journal venture by BioOne
- Author Peter Suber released a new book on Open Access