It’s Open Access Week 2012. Now in it’s 6th year, the organizers are promoting Open Access as the new norm in research and scholarship. Here’s a summary of some happenings…
- The week started with a webcast co-sponsored by SPARC and the World Bank featuring a conversation with 5 Open Access Experts.
- Follow and contribute to Twitter buzz at #OAWeek, #OAWeek2012 and #openaccess
- SPIE, the society of optics and photonics, is taking the plunge into Open Access
- Elementa: Science of the Anthropocene is a new Open Access journal venture by BioOne
- Author Peter Suber released a new book on Open Access